Sometimes, large catalogs need to be broken into smaller pieces in order to upload them into Active Merchandiser.
A large catalog is a file that is more than 100 pages or has a file size larger than 100 MB.
- For large catalogs, we recommend uploading 100 or fewer pages per import, for a maximum of around 600 pages total for each catalog.
- If the file size is 100 MB or more, we recommended breaking the upload into any number of files that are less than 100 MB each. You may need to split the catalog file a few times to understand how many pages can be included before it becomes too large.
For both of these large file types, you can follow these steps to split them up.
- First, open the PDF in Adobe. In the top, left corner, press File then 'Print...'
- After the Print dialog appears, Select a page range to “print” (1-100 is first), then select the printer as “Print to Pdf” and click print. This will let you save those first 100 pages as a separate pdf. Do this for the next 101-200, 201-300, until all pages have been completed.
- Next, we return to Active Merchandiser. Press the Import PDF button in a new or existing Flip Project.
- You will be prompted to select a file. Choose the first 100 pages. Repeat this for each additional batch of pages.
- When it is completed, press Next.
- After the initial 100 pages are loaded, you will be asked where the batch of pages will be placed inside the catalog. Choose 'Append' the pages to place them at the end of the catalog. You also have the option to replace existing pages.
- After you press process PDF, the pages will be added to the catalog. Be sure to check and make sure each batch uploaded successfully. If you need to replace existing pages in a catalog, the pages that are replaced will need to have hotspots added again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.