This article will cover some of the common things we see that can prevent you from importing data into MarketTime successfully, and how to manage them.
- CSV Format - When importing data into MarketTime, a CSV format for files is preferred. This ensures any formulas, links, or intrusive features are removed, and only the data remains in the sheet you wish to import. More about how to save an Excel file as a CSV can be seen in THIS SHORT VIDEO.
- Column Headers - Ensure your file includes the required column headers. MarketTime requires every column imported have a header on it, so it knows what to match it with!
- Date Format - When importing date-related data into MarketTime, ensure it's in the MM/DD/YYYY format, as it's the only accepted date format across the platform.
- Paste as Values - When manipulating your data in Excel and copying it into a new sheet/file, be sure to use the Paste as Values feature. This will allow you to paste your data "cleanly", removing any fancy formatting, formulas, and other intrusive features that may cause issues during import. More about how to use this feature can be seen in THIS SHORT VIDEO.
- Remove Unneeded Columns - When importing any data it's best to remove any columns you won't be utilizing or that aren't relevant to your data/company. Keep in mind MarketTime has required columns for each import, so don't remove those!
MarketTime Import Templates
Below is a list of templates available to you for use within the MarketTime system.
Click on the name of the template to download it. Click on the relevant User to view our specific guide on how to use it.
|Item Import Template||Importing Items into MarketTime||Manufacturers and Sales Agencies|
|Customer Import Template||Importing Customers into MarketTime||Sales Agencies||This import does not currently check for duplicate records, so only use this template/tool to import NEW customers into your company.|
|Customer Number Import Template||Importing Customer Account Numbers into MarketTime||Sales Agencies|
|Importing Invoices and/or Commissions into MarketTime||Sales Agencies|