Assigning Products to the Category
The product category assign editor allows users to quickly assign products to categories, as well as remove products from categories.
Login to OPAdmin
- Internet Explorer http://e.brandwise.com/brandwiseSuite/login.aspx
- User Name will end in OPAdmin
Product Category Assign
- On the toolbar, select Taxonomy> Product Category Assign
- Highlight the Industry Name and Version Name
- Click on the category to assign products to. Drag the mouse over the categories to view the lower levels. Once the desired category is located, click on it.
*Note: Products can only be assigned to the last category in Categories
Category Management (Current)
- Once a category is selected, the products assigned to that category will then appear on the screen with an image, SKU and the product name. To view a larger image of the product, click on the product image.
- If no products appear, then there are no products assigned to that category.
Deleting Products from Category
- Select products by checking the box next to the item or use the Select All
- Remove products by clicking the Remove Selected
*Note: Removing Products from a Category will allow you the delete the Child or Root Category in the Category tab located in Taxonomy>Version.
Adding/Editing Category Products
- Select Category that you want to edit. If you already have products in that Category, remove selected items if needed. Add Products to Category by clicking on the Find More Products
Find More Products
- There are multiple ways to search for products, and multiple ways to filter search results. If the product name is known, it in the ‘Name’ field. If the full product name is not known, switch to ‘Contains’ or ‘Ends With’ from the dropdown and type in a word that is known to be in the product’s name.
- If the SKU is known, type it in the ‘SJU’ field. If the full SKU is not known, switch to ‘Contains’ or ‘Ends With’ from the dropdown and type in a portion of the SKU.
- It is possible to search for a specific list of products by entering the SKUs into the ‘Multiple SKUs’ field.
- To search for a larger group of products, start by selecting an industry from the dropdown. Then select a version from the dropdown.
- It is also possible to select a vendor from the dropdown. Once a vendor is selected, it is possible to select a product line from the dropdown.
- To search for products assigned to a catalog, select one from the ‘Catalog’ dropdown. Once a catalog is selected it is possible to search for products on a specific catalog page or pages by typing page numbers into the ‘Start Page’ and ‘End Page’ fields.
- To filter the results to show products created during a specific time period type the dates into the fields (DD/MM/YYYY). When the cursor is in one of the date fields, a calendar will pop-up and can be used to select the dates, as well as being able to type a date into the date field. Click the arrows at the top of the calendar to find the month and year, and then click on the day. Today’s date will also appear at the bottom of the calendar and can be selected by clicking on it. The dates selected from the calendar will then appear in the display date fields.
- Once an industry and version is selected, it is possible to filter the results to show only products in a specific category, select one from the dropdown.
- Once a category is selected, it is possible to filter the results to show only products with a specific attribute by selecting one from the ‘Attributes’ dropdown. To further filter the results by attribute value, select one from the dropdown.
- The search results will default to list only ‘Active’ products, however, to filter the results by a different product status, select one from the dropdown.
- Filter the results to show only products that have or do not have a web description by selecting ‘Empty’ or ‘Complete’ from the dropdown.
- Filter the results to show only products that have or have not been marked ‘Web Ready’ and/or ‘Allow Web Sale’ by selecting ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ from each of the dropdowns.
- To filter the results to show only products with less than a specific number of attributes, enter a number in the field.
- Check the ‘Products with no categories’ box to search for products that have not been assigned to a category.
- Once the search criterion is set, click Search. The products will appear on the screen with an image, SKU and the product name. To view a larger image of the product click on the product image.
- Click the Clear Selections button to clear the search criteria and start a new search.
- Check the box next to each product to assign to the category. It is also possible to select or un-select all products by clicking the Select All or Un-Select All buttons at the top of the screen.
- Click Copy To Clipboard
- Click Assign Category to Selected Products The number of products successfully assigned to the category will display above the Select All and Un-Select All buttons.
- While on the find more products page, it is also possible to select a new category without having to return to the category search page. Click on the new category and it will then appear highlighted as the selected category. Now it is possible to search for products to add to the newly selected category. Make sure to clear out the clipboard before moving on to a new category.
- Click the Back to Category Search button to return to the category search page. Now all the products that are assigned to the category are visible.
The category clipboard will allow for copying a category and paste it to products. This gives the ability to assign products to multiple categories without having to select a new category.
- Start by searching for the category on the category search page. Select the category and then click the Copy Category to Clipboard A message that the category was added to the clipboard will appear. Select another category and click the Find More Products button.
- Once on the find more products page, the copied category is visible in the clipboard. From this page it is possible to copy a category to the clipboard. Once the category is selected click the Copy to Clipboard button and the category will appear in the clipboard.
- Select the category from the clipboard and click the Paste To Selected Items button below the category. To select multiple categories, hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard while selecting the categories.
- Next, search for the products to copy the category to and check the box next to each product. Select or un-select all products by clicking the Select All and Un-Select All A message that the selected clipboard categories were successfully pasted to the selected items will display.
- Once finished, remove a category from the clipboard. Select the category from the clipboard and then click the Remove button below the clipboard.